What is Montessori Education and how Montessori education is different?
Before jumping to your own assumptions, parents need to understand the proper meaning of Montessori and how it is different from traditional method?
The Montessori Method of education is a system of education for children that seeks to develop natural interests and activities rather than use formal teaching methods. It emphasizes independence and it views children as naturally eager for knowledge and capable of initiating learning in a sufficiently supportive and well-prepared learning environment. It discourages some conventional measures of achievement, such as grades and tests. Whereas, traditional method of education, also known as conventional education or customary education, refers to long-established customs that society has traditionally used in schools.
The main problem faced by the current generation is that most of the schools follow traditional method of teaching which only focuses on the academic development of the child. However, in this present era, the overall development of the child matters more than just the academic development.
Every single parent wants to see their child build the best future, have an amazing personality, excel in almost every field and not just academic, gets best of the education. Every child has a dream that they want to achieve in their life and Montessori Method of Education can help him more than any other traditional method of learning.
The main aim of writing this blog is to make people aware about the benefits of Montessori Method of education. Sometimes, people ignore this method just because of its fees or the extra-curricular activities that are done, but every parent needs to understand that traditional method of education won’t help their child achieve the goals.
Here’s a main difference between traditional and Montessori education:
- Montessori education is based on helping the natural development of the human being whereas; traditional method is based on the transfer of a national curriculum.
- In Montessori education, child is an active learner however; in traditional education the child is a passive learner.
- In Montessori education, children teach themselves using materials specially prepared for the purpose whereas; in traditional education children are taught by the teachers.
- Environment and method encourages internal self-discipline in the Montessori education whereas; in traditional education teacher acts as primary enforcer of external discipline.
- Montessori education have shared focus on the acquisition of academic, social, practical, and life skills, however; the traditional education focuses only on the academics.
Now, you can see how Montessori education can help your child become an extra ordinary personality. This one particular system can help your child learn so many new things on their own, whereas the traditional system will only enforce them to learn the national curriculum.
We know that you want the best for your child, but putting them in any traditional school won’t help them in achieving their desired goals. Getting your child enrolled in a Montessori school will help them in becoming the best of everything.
BIPS is the only authentic Montessori School in Patiala, which is continuously helping children in achieving their dreams and becoming the extra ordinary personality because they not only works on the academics but they also works on the overall development of the child.