Confused between the right ages, when your child should be admitted in the school? Here you’ll find all your answers
There are so many opinions available, whether the child should go to school at 2 or at 4, due to which the new parents face a lot of trouble in choosing the right school and the right age.
While, there are some schools who admit children at the age of 3 and the most important factor which should be considered while getting the child involved is his readiness.
Each and every single parent wants their child to get the best education and the best faculty. Plus the current generations children are way too fast-forward as they are born with computer brains, they learn very quickly, they grasp new things in an easy way, they are exposed to new things and many other things.
Most of the parents are confused about the right age to enroll children in the school. While the enrollment of children in school is completely dependent on the readiness of child.
The main reason to write this blog is to aware new parents like you that most schools use the chronological age as the criteria for school readiness & admission. However, it is more important to ensure that a child has following skills before starting school:
- Children should be toilet trained and able to communicate to an adult when they need to use toilet.
- Able to dress except buttoning shirts and tying shoelaces.
- Able to sit still for short periods.
- Ready to spend time away from parents. (Though we know that this part is a bit difficult for both child as well as parents. But it is important for the child to learn this thing for their better future.)
But there are some other factors as well that parents need to keep in mind while choosing a school for their child:
- Check if the school is physically, emotionally and sexually safe for your child. These 3 measures are extremely important because the child will spend its most crucial years of life in the school. Physical safety includes hygiene and cleanliness of rooms, washrooms and play areas. Emotional safety includes interactions between children and teachers, how they deal with challenging behavior, anxiety, delays in learning etc., whereas sexual safety means the parents should inspect the school for dark areas which can be used by the abusers.
- If there are any red flags in these areas, then eliminate that school right away.
- Apart from academic infrastructure, parents should also look if the school provides fresh water to drink, sufficient play area, and sunlight is there, and every other single thing is well-maintained.
- Teachers and staff are well trained. Do check with the parents who have already enrolled their child in that school.
- Curriculum should be age appropriate with no stress. The record of outcomes should be of gradual improvement rather than a grade of mastery attained.
- Check whether the school has a formulated process to deal with the emergencies and illness.
According to us, the right age to send children to the school is 3-4 years. This is the age where a child can understand the meaning of school, he’ll be able to make friends and play with them, and he’ll be able to talk to others when they need help.
BIPS is one of the most preferred schools by the parents in Patiala, because it’s the only authentic Montessori school and it teaches through the 5 senses, ( Touch (tactile perception) , Taste (gustation) , smell (olfaction), sight (vision) , sound (hearing) plus this school works on the overall development of the child from the very beginning. The best part is that if your child will show the improvement and performance, then the school authority might also promote your child, which will save your child’s future and your money as well. Think about it and then decide. Never rush your decisions based on others opinion, as its your child’s life and your one wrong decision will make him pay his whole life.