The child centred curriculum in our Pre-primary (early formative years) programme is in accordance with the Montessori methods blended with activity-based teaching as advocated by Jean Piaget, John Dewey, Friedrich Frobel and the Reggio Emilia approach. The curriculum is designed to cater to the individual interests and potential of children and to enhance the social, creative and cognitive skills and address their emotional quotient so that the children are happy and engaged at school.
An array of activities like creative expressions through Art & Craft, enhancing body rhythm by dancing, exploring and nurturing the latent talent through music, language enrichment program by promoting listening & speaking skills through storytelling, conversation, role play, picture story and story crafting, extensive use of audio visual aids, hi tech digital boards to make classroom learning more enjoyable and training fine motor skills, wellness programme which helps in developing gross motor skills through yoga and meditation, karate, skating, outdoor activities, swings and slides, , ride on the toy train and various events and celebrations provide ample opportunities to develop and showcase their creativity.
To give a wide (age applicable) exposure, the following activities are included in the curriculum.
Special Morning Assemblies
Yoga & Meditation
Art N Craft Room
Swings, climbers and slides
- All classrooms fitted with projectors, whiteboards and computers.
- Documentaries on wildlife, bird sanctuary, historical monuments, continents, solar system shown to engage children and enhance general awareness.
- Music – Instrumental and Vocal
- Festivals, special days, birthday celebrations, Teacher’s Day with Mother’s, Children’s Day, Grandparent’s Day and Spring Carnival with parents.
- Active participation in intra class as well as inter school events.
- Annual Science & Art & Craft Exhibition –Working & static models, art and craft created by students are exhibited
- Annual Concert – 100% participation is ensured for all students.