Critical thinking is essentially the ability to think objectively, analyze and evaluate an issue or an idea to form an informed opinion. Critical thinkers do not just follow the crowd, but rather make up their own informed opinions with solid evidence and arguments to support an idea. They rely on their ability to engage in reflective and independent thinking.
Enhancing a student’s critical thinking skills is particularly essential in a liberal education model, which believes in teaching students how to think and not what to think.
From solving problems in class assignments to facing real world situations, Critical Thinking is a valuable skill for students to master.
Skills that is included in critical thinking:
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Making.
Today one of the most important criteria for success in college is the ability to think independently while being logical at the same time. Often students are asked to present papers either on their subject matter or in liberal arts. Knowledge of Critical thinking skills enable students to not only outlines their papers coherently with a logical structure, it also helps them reason and present their thoughts in an organized and persuasive manner.
Everyone wants to excel in their respective fields, be it in education or job. Nobody wants to settle for less. Here are some important facts about critical thinking.
Do you know?
- Critical thinking helps to cultivate higher order thinking skills. Mostly children are still taught through the printed books which deny any further development in critical thinking.
- Rash decision making is a problem that the children should be kept away from. Stopand think before taking any action. Critical thinking ensures better thinking capacity in children which helps students think before any act.
- Things are more sensible when we think. Make more sense with thinking. Rather than just jumping into conclusions, think twice about the displayed conclusion. Make decisions of your own.
- Ideas must be clear. Complicated ideas can create confusion. Express your ideas clearlywithout doubt.
- There can be more than one answer for a question. Explore alternativeswith critical thinking.
- Making better judgment. Evaluate and analyses before concluding to a judgment. Better decision making from a small age can benefit an individual in life. Future is more secure with better decisions.
- Active thinking rather than passive acceptance of facts make children smart. With critical thinking, children tend to askvital questions resulting in better judgment.
- Critical thinking promotes academic improvement, effective communication with people and finding solution for complex problems.
- Responsibilityarises with better thinking. Being responsible for one’s own thoughts and conclusion can make students better in learning as well as in life.
- Critical thinking explores possibilities.Mugging up facts won’t make any person wise but thinking does.
We use critical thinking skills every day. They help us to make good decisions, understand the consequences of our actions and solve problems. These incredibly important skills are used in everything from putting together puzzles to mapping out the best route to work. It’s the process of using focus and self-control to solve problems and set and follow through on goals. It utilizes other important life skills like making connections, perspective taking and communicating. Basically, critical thinking helps us make good, sound decisions.
BIPS is the only school which focuses on the overall development of the child. Their faculty trains the child through the replica of real life experiences in the best way they can. Usually schools focus on the academic development of child instead of overall development, which negatively affects the child in the future.
Now it’s completely your choice. Whether you want to give your child a complete exposure and prepare them for their future or you just want them to settle for less?