Do you know regular physical activity can improve the grades? Students who are physically active tend to have better grades, school attendance, cognitive performance (e.g. Memory) and classroom behaviors (e.g. on-task behavior). Higher physical activity and physical fitness levels are associated with improved cognitive performance (e.g. concentration, memory) among students.
Due to performance pressure in school, children are not able to give their best and therefore, they lack behind others. This stress negatively affects their mental health and these are the children who starts having panic attacks just before any exam or any other area where they need to perform.
Physical inactivity can:
- Lead to energy imbalance and can increase the risk of becoming overweight or obese.
- Increase the risk of factors for cardiovascular disease including high blood pressure, obesity, insulin resistance and glucose intolerance.
- Increase the risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Increase the risk of developing breast colon, endometrial, and lung cancer.
- Lead to low bone density which in turn leads to osteoporosis.
Regular fitness activity can help children and adolescents improve cardiorespiratory fitness, build strong bones and muscles, control weight, reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, and reduce the risk of developing health conditions such as:
- Heart Disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes.
- High blood pressure.
Benefits of being physically active:
- Better focus in school.
- Better academic performance.
- Builds a strong, healthy body.
- Improves sleep quality.
- Reduces risk of depression and anxiety.
- Develops better social and problem solving skills.
- Build self-confidence.
- More energy.
The benefits of physical activity for school-aged children are proven. Healthy school environments help students achieve their academic potential and support the development of life-long healthy habits.
BIPS is not just a school, it’s like a family which treats children with all the love and care they need. There’s no doubt that BIPS is considered as a best school in Patiala. They prepare children for every single situation they’ll face in this society and they treat the mental health of their children as a priority.