Do you know online applications plays a partial role in improving the learning skills in your child?
Apps for education can make children more interactive, more engaged and perform better. Keeping teaching methods fresh is integral to getting students engaged in their studies and learning apps are a fantastic way of achieving this. Apps are designed with primary input from educators and curriculum developers, or shown in educational research to be an effective learning tool. The apps we cover in this guide are great learning apps not because they’re designed to make kids smarter, to drill facts, or to replace in-school learning, but because they’re fun and interesting for kids and adults.
Apps mentioned below can help your child increase the learning skills of your child.
- Duolingo: A language app that makes learning fun and research shows that it works! With quick, bite-sized lessons, you’ll earn points and unlock new levels while gaining real-world communication skills. Duolingo is the most comprehensive online language learning platform. The most popular languages include Spanish, Dutch, Danish, French, German, Italian and Irish. Other languages offered include Russian, Japanese, Dutch, Turkish, Korean, Greek, Mandarin Chinese, and even a few fantasy languages. You can learn languages for free using the Duolingo app.
- Google Earth: Google Earth offers the means to display geographic data from a wide variety of sources together in a geospatial context. This data includes imagery for the entire globe at varying resolutions that contains a great deal of interpretable visual information. Students can use it to find their homes, schools, and other locations that are familiar to them. They can make inferences by comparing familiar places to other locations.
- Class Dojo: Class Dojo is an interesting learning app for kids in the category ‘virtual classroom learning apps’. This app allows parents, students, and teachers to interact with each other. Students can communicate with their teachers regarding their educational needs, and parents can stay up to date with their children’s progress.
- Kahoot: This free program will helps to become the ultimate Kahoot! Superhero. Maximize learning, score awesome diplomas and digital badges! You could be eligible to claim professional learning credits. Kahoot! is a tool used by teachers to administer quizzes, discussions or surveys. It is a game based classroom response system played by the whole class in real time.
- NASA: NASA App provides a wealth of information. However, given the amount of text and information, young users may need more focus than the app provides. With guidance, kids can discover a wealth of information about the solar system with NASA App.
Epic: Epic is the leading digital reading platform for kids 12 and under! It is a fun, kid-safe, interactive reading app that fuels curiosity and reading confidence by letting kids freely explore their interests, with instant, anytime access to a library of thousands of books, audiobooks, learning videos and more.
Psychological doctors believe that children remember the visuals way better than the written books. So now-a-days schools are promoting smart classes more than the books. BIPS is the school in patiala that promotes the smart learning and believes that children learn more in schools in that environment.